2020+ MINI Cooper SE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One topic that came up a lot about the i3 is how quickly it burns through tires, it was something like after 22,000 miles. Although it takes a while to rack up that mileage its still unacceptable for a light weight commuter EV. These were with the Bridestone EP600's.

I don't know about you guys but if Mini offers us a tire of a similar performance level, I will ask for something with a better life span.

Its unacceptable for basic commuters EV's like the i3 to experience this.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think one main cause of the faster wear rate is just how heavy the car is thanks to the battery pack.

Michelin tires generally exceeded their mileage warranty on a normal car, so I assume you'd get decent mileage out of those. I think the Pirelli P4 Four Seasons Plus tires are said to be amazing as well, lasting a good 00,000 miles.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can easily imagine MINI EV to come up with absolutely the same set of tires. Even with a lot of negative reviews about this model of tires, I don't think that carmakers are really concerned about what potential customers will think about tires in the whole new model (fully electric) for their lineup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts