2020+ MINI Cooper SE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Happy Holidays to all.
New to this forum and would appreciate some guidance. To be clear, I am referring to the amount of miles at the time of a 100% charge and not the range once the car is charged at 100%.

Overall:
MiniSE picked up 12.13.2023
Winter tires installed.
Live in New York-Long Island
ChargePoint Flex 50 Amp Charger (50 amp breaker set to 50amps within the app)

1)-Have charged the mini a few times and have at the most at a 100% charge, the amount of miles shown has not been more than 90 miles. At times, the miles was as low as 85.

2)-The Mi/KWH at most is showing 3 KWh

Would appreciate guidance. Is this something I need to be concerned about?

Thank you

· Registered
57 Posts
Happy Holidays @mini2023

I think it sounds about right considering the cold weather and the winter tires you have installed. I had a Tesla Model 3 Performance that came with summer only Pilot Sport 4S Tesla spec tires and when I had Pilot Sport All Season 3+ installed, I did see a noticeable range drop.

We picked up our SE in the Bay Area of Northern CA on a morning in the mid 40s and the car showed 98 miles on a full charge. Have not seen the GOM read more than 101 miles on a full charge yet. For our other EV, I tend to look more at the percentage of battery left rather than the mileage shown on the GOM. Our SE is currently getting tint and PPF, so I can't remember what the display shows in terms of the battery.

Check this out when you have the chance:

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your guidance and reply and the video. Very Helpful.
Not sure what GOM. And how many Mi/KWH is your indicator showing. I have seen some video's and this meter at times shows up to 4.5?
Best regards

· Registered
6 Posts
Agreed, this seems right especially if they aren't an efficiency focused winter (like Nokian.) Speed, temperature, elevation change, tires, road conditions, and how aggressively you drive all impact range. GOM (the indicated range) is notoriously incorrect on the SE, a worst case scenario in my experience. 28.9kWh usable * 3mi/kWh makes your's fairly accurate though.

To illustrate that - A few days ago I was seeing 3.5mi/kWh in my hilly area, 20°F, 50mph max, all weather nokian tire. Today its in the low 40s and efficiency jumped to 4mi/kWh. Come spring when the hankooks go back on we creep into the 60s I'll be back to 5-6mi/kWh. My GOM reads between 90-110 all year which I usually beat by 10-35mi.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed, this seems right especially if they aren't an efficiency focused winter (like Nokian.) Speed, temperature, elevation change, tires, road conditions, and how aggressively you drive all impact range. GOM (the indicated range) is notoriously incorrect on the SE, a worst case scenario in my experience. 28.9kWh usable * 3mi/kWh makes your's fairly accurate though.

To illustrate that - A few days ago I was seeing 3.5mi/kWh in my hilly area, 20°F, 50mph max, all weather nokian tire. Today its in the low 40s and efficiency jumped to 4mi/kWh. Come spring when the hankooks go back on we creep into the 60s I'll be back to 5-6mi/kWh. My GOM reads between 90-110 all year which I usually beat by 10-35mi.
Thank you for your guidance. Happy and Healthy New Year

1 - 5 of 5 Posts