2020+ MINI Cooper SE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all........

June 2021 the used 2021 Mini Cooper SE was delivered. Mileage at around 5K.
I'm looking for a service/shop manual but nothing so far in my online searches.
What is a good OBD reader compatible with the SE?

I don't do a lot of driving in the winter time as all the places I need to go to are within 5-8 miles from home.
Driving on snow covered roads is more treacherous with the Mini, fortunately the city does a great job in keeping the main roads clear of snow and ice.
The cold temperatures around here do effect battery(the BIG one) capacity. I'm talking single digits below zero over night and single digits above in the afternoons. Last time I charged to 100% and range read 86 miles.

Yesterday I needed to get some gasoline for my snowblower and sure had to fight the Mini to turn into the gas station!!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
36 Posts
Welcome!

I'm looking for a service/shop manual but nothing so far in my online searches.
I haven't tried looking for a service manual yet. I would expect the "regular" manual for the F56 MINI would cover everything except the EV-specific parts. Not only is this my first EV, this is also my first MINI, so I'm not familiar with what kind of service manual options are available to the general public.

What is a good OBD reader compatible with the SE?
I use a Veepeak OBDCheck BLE Bluetooth OBD II Scanner Auto Diagnostic Scan Tool with either the Bimmercode app to re-code certain features or the mi3 app for monitoring or measurements. In some cases, you have to tell the app it's talking to a BMW i3.

Driving on snow covered roads is more treacherous with the Mini, fortunately the city does a great job in keeping the main roads clear of snow and ice.
Mine does great as long as the snow isn't too deep. Of course, I have a set of winter wheels with proper snow tires, which was a necessity since the SE is delivered from the factory with high-performance summer tires (which would NOT fare well in the winter). Since yours is used, perhaps it was fitted with different tires?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!

I haven't tried looking for a service manual yet. I would expect the "regular" manual for the F56 MINI would cover everything except the EV-specific parts. Not only is this my first EV, this is also my first MINI, so I'm not familiar with what kind of service manual options are available to the general public.

I use a Veepeak OBDCheck BLE Bluetooth OBD II Scanner Auto Diagnostic Scan Tool with either the Bimmercode app to re-code certain features or the mi3 app for monitoring or measurements. In some cases, you have to tell the app it's talking to a BMW i3.

Mine does great as long as the snow isn't too deep. Of course, I have a set of winter wheels with proper snow tires, which was a necessity since the SE is delivered from the factory with high-performance summer tires (which would NOT fare well in the winter). Since yours is used, perhaps it was fitted with different tires?
Welcome!

Thanks for the information MichealC
I'll look into that VeePeak OBD thing. I don't have service on my smart phone so getting apps installed will be a problem. The phone was used for my rode trip a few years ago and now no need to pay for service when it's not being used , only good for pictures and occasional video.
The tires are Pirelli centurato P7 205/45 R17 run flat, a bit of a rough ride probably due to the firm side walls
Thanks again BobD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts