2020+ MINI Cooper SE Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the Mini EV will be showcases Mini's city friendliness, the JCW GP concept showcases the brands racing heritage. While Mini hasn't spilled any powertrain details, its two center exhaust pipes and rear window mounter fuel filler, certainly suggest it to be a petrol model. This concept has a bunch of unique details such as a large carbon-fiber front splitter, a roof-mounted air scoop, half–Union Jack taillights, a hatch-mounted wing, and a set of chunky 19-inch, 18-spoke wheels with massive disc brakes. Inside there have been plenty of changes as well, with a completely stripped out interior that contains a roll cage and seats with five point racing harnesses.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Love the looks of this concept, and JCW has always delivered with their variants. I don't expect the over stylized wing and rear quarter panels to make it production though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Surprised that with all the renderings that usually come out with highly anticipated products that there's none of say a... JCW themed Mini EV. Only a matter of time till it happens.

·
Registered
116 Posts
BMW has already said that their M variants will move towards electrification, as will MB's AMG models. I think Mini will have to get some solid sales numbers behind them before we see that happen here however.

·
Registered
192 Posts
All they would really have to do is reduce weight on the performance model and maybe tweak the ECU a bit. So long as they keep all the additional sporty accessories carbon fiber they shouldn't have much of an impact on range.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A bunch of upcoming premium EV's have something that's been referred to as an overboost function. This allows the vehicle to tap into more power for short bursts and its something that Mini could consider as well.

·
Registered
281 Posts
A bunch of upcoming premium EV's have something that's been referred to as an overboost function. This allows the vehicle to tap into more power for short bursts and its something that Mini could consider as well.
Yes and that comes from stored power. My biggest concern will be how that power gets delivered and for how long as it will depend on the voltage rating.

·
Registered
116 Posts
On the premium electrics that I've seen with that kind of function, it looks like it can only be sustained for upwards of 8 seconds at a time. Anything more and you'd probably see a huge hit to your range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts