2020+ MINI Cooper SE Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To my surprise the Mini SE gets an average range rating below what I was hoping for. Prior to finding out, around 200-250 was my assumption.

For your mix of city/highway driving, average distance traveled, charging options, etc... is it enough for you?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: now its 110 miles! (confirmed)

The Cooper SE is priced at $29,900 plus $850 for freight so we can forgive Mini for the shorter range.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Old thread, but if anyone reads it, just want to let people know that 110miles is woefully low. Around town I am getting 10.5kWh/100km (9.5km/kWh, 5.87miles/kWh). If I flattened the battery, that would result in a range of 272km (169 miles). Now this is city driving in a follow the car in front sort of scenario. If you take it on back roads and have some fun, that figure goes down quickly. I normally charge after around 200km (125 miles) with 20% ish battery left. Once you get used to the one pedal style driving, it is very efficient.

Now I'll qualify this - I live in a warm climate, so no low temperature decrease in range and the vast majority of my travels are at 60kph (37mph) or less. Occasional 90-100kph freeway travel is included, but that is for only a small distance. I charge using the level 1 at night, so the range is more than adequate.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well it’s not enough if this is your only car, but more than enough for our local runs. Like Vader I don’t plug it in every day as this leads to the battery being at 100% while standing which is not a good idea. For short runs prefer its compact size and maneuverability around town to the Tesla.

On our Tesla you can set the charge limit to 70% and leave it plugged in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I lived with a 2012 Leaf for 5.5 years. The car had 73 miles' range new, and degraded to less than 60 by the time I traded it in. It was the primary car in a two-car household.

The other car was basically relegated to the occasional (approximately monthly) long trip. Now I have a Bolt EV which handles all the long trips. The PHEV is only used when we need two cars at the same time. We took it on one long trip (>30 miles) in the past two years, and that was ONLY to exercise the gas engine.

I'm now considering replacing it with a Mini Cooper SE. Even only 100 miles will be plenty - this is meant to be a fun runabout. I wouldn't take a Mini on a long trip with the family anyway, even if it was a gasser. The Bolt is about the minimum viable size for our family of 4 (+ small dog).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Old thread, but if anyone reads it, just want to let people know that 110miles is woefully low. Around town I am getting 10.5kWh/100km (9.5km/kWh, 5.87miles/kWh). If I flattened the battery, that would result in a range of 272km (169 miles). Now this is city driving in a follow the car in front sort of scenario. If you take it on back roads and have some fun, that figure goes down quickly. I normally charge after around 200km (125 miles) with 20% ish battery left. Once you get used to the one pedal style driving, it is very efficient.

Now I'll qualify this - I live in a warm climate, so no low temperature decrease in range and the vast majority of my travels are at 60kph (37mph) or less. Occasional 90-100kph freeway travel is included, but that is for only a small distance. I charge using the level 1 at night, so the range is more than adequate.
Unfortunately in Cold wet dark UK, in December only getting 2.54 miles/kWh from our little Mini - envious of your economy Vader!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts