2020+ MINI Cooper SE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hei everyone!

Waiting excitedly for my new MINI SE to come (not sure if I am eligible to post here since I'm not a "qualified" MINI owner yet) hopefully end of next month.
In fact also trying to get my drivers license at about the same time
:p
(fingers crossed for that!)

So, anyone has any tips on checking the car when picking up (except "try to avoid overthrilled" maybe?)

· Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the forums !! I am also a new Mini SE owner and took delivery at the end of November 2022.

I found the delivery process to be excellent and our Motoring Advisor took the time to inspect the car with us. Didn't find any cosmetic defects or panel gap issues (when we got our Tesla Model 3 in 2018, it had major quality issues).

Some people have reported the window gaps are noticeably different from side to side, but ours does not have this problem. Really cold weather can drastically impact your range, but you will get to know the limits of your SE as you drive the car more and more.

What color did you order ?? The wait will be worth it and you will not be disappointed with your new SE. Let me know if you have any specific questions..

Congrats !!!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums !! I am also a new Mini SE owner and took delivery at the end of November 2022.

I found the delivery process to be excellent and our Motoring Advisor took the time to inspect the car with us. Didn't find any cosmetic defects or panel gap issues (when we got our Tesla Model 3 in 2018, it had major quality issues).

Some people have reported the window gaps are noticeably different from side to side, but ours does not have this problem. Really cold weather can drastically impact your range, but you will get to know the limits of your SE as you drive the car more and more.

What color did you order ?? The wait will be worth it and you will not be disappointed with your new SE. Let me know if you have any specific questions..

Congrats !!!
Thanks so much for your reply!!!

I will remember to check the window gaps then! Yes here in Norway I would expect the range to be a bit less than reported, but we will see.

I ordered red+black. Was reeeeally struggling to decide which color to choose. I loved the pepper white but it is discounted. Also everyday I see a red/black mini cooper on my way to work and I just love seeing it so much! especially with the contrast of the greyish northern sky we have here for a great part of a year. So. Red it is. :)

P.S. about the interior we actually also have a lot to choose from, but I just thought black seats make it more 'integrated' compared to brown.

I also noticed we have different names for the different "levels", e.g. we have "MINI SE essential" which is the basic package, and then "MINI SE maximum" which includes things like reversing camera, HD, Headup and window roof, etc.

· Registered
57 Posts
P.S. about the interior we actually also have a lot to choose from, but I just thought black seats make it more 'integrated' compared to brown.

I also noticed we have different names for the different "levels", e.g. we have "MINI SE essential" which is the basic package, and then "MINI SE maximum" which includes things like reversing camera, HD, Headup and window roof, etc.

We also got the Black interior. We had a Tesla Model 3 with the White seats and it was stressful worrying about the seats getting dirty and not being able to wear blue jeans. So for the Mini, we got the black interior and I really like it with the White Silver color of the car.

Here is the US, the top trim is called the Iconic Trim and it adds heads up display, garage door opener, parking assist and a few other options.

You will love your new Mini and the wait will be worth it.

Here is a pic of ours at the detail shop after PPF and ceramic coating.

Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Being easier to maintain also put a lot of weighting for me when deciding on black interiors. :D besides it looks cool of course. I’m already buying some interior stuff to refurbishing the coming car.

Your car looks so elegant and stands out with its nice wheels!
I like the white silver too! When I went to my dealer for a test drive, there was one white silver countryman on display and it looked gorgeous! Even much more stunning in reality!
Like I mentioned I was really torn between choosing different colors and finally decided to give up and just go with the first instinct - chilly red. However if I were to be given a second chance, picking a color would still be a tough and painful process…

We also got the Black interior. We had a Tesla Model 3 with the White seats and it was stressful worrying about the seats getting dirty and not being able to wear blue jeans. So for the Mini, we got the black interior and I really like it with the White Silver color of the car.

Here is the US, the top trim is called the Iconic Trim and it adds heads up display, garage door opener, parking assist and a few other options.

You will love your new Mini and the wait will be worth it.

Here is a pic of ours at the detail shop after PPF and ceramic coating.

View attachment 440

· Registered
57 Posts
Like I mentioned I was really torn between choosing different colors and finally decided to give up and just go with the first instinct - chilly red. However if I were to be given a second chance, picking a color would still be a tough and painful process…
Chili Red is magnificent in person - nice choice !! Here are two pics on pick up day and you can see partial pics of a Chili Red Mini SE on the showroom floor.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow thanks again! No matter how many times I've looked at them i still admire how beautiful they are! Guess I'm addicted.

but the white silver is literally glittering in the pic here!!!

Chili Red is magnificent in person - nice choice !! Here are two pics on pick up day and you can see partial pics of a Chili Red Mini SE on the showroom floor.

View attachment 442
View attachment 441

1 - 7 of 7 Posts