2020+ MINI Cooper SE Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess this is the year for BMW to pull ahead when ti comes to electric cars because they plan to unveil at least 4 of them this year, though not all of them will be production ready models.

This was what Harald Krüger, BMW’s CEO, said at the BMW’s Annual Accounts Press Conference.

“Over the course of the year, we will present a number of pure-electric concept vehicles that will all go into series production, like: The first all-electric BMW – the iX3. Our new technology flagship, the BMW iNEXT, the captivating BMW i Vision Dynamics, which I just announced in Geneva as the BMW i4. We will produce both the iNEXT and the BMW i4 in Germany."

·
Registered
116 Posts
Really impressed with what BMW has showcased with the i4, and I hope that there wont be too many aesthetic changes in the production model. Do we know as of yet when the rest of these electrics will be unveiled? Can we assume that we'll see something at the New York Auto Show?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well there's the Bangkok International Auto Show coming up followed by the one in Beijing, shows to take note of since the Chinese appetite for electrics is getting exponentially bigger. Maybe the Paris or Los Angeles auto shows as well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I know that BMW plans to show off their new iX3 at Beijing so hopefully we'll get to see some other EV's there as well. Its been a little disappointing that any of the car shows where the Mini EV has been, that it's always had restricted access.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd assume it's because the interior is unfinished and they don't want people possibly taking a picture of the Mini EV concept's interior. Even the front windshield is heavily tinted to the point you can't see anything from the outside. I'd say we may be able to get hints from BMW's electric reveals this year, but the Mini models are just so different.

·
Registered
281 Posts
That would make sense especially when you factor in we will be seeing an entirely new line up of EV's are true successors in design to the i3 and i8, as nice as they look, design refreshes are already due.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I believe that we will get to see the iX3 in Beijing, so we'll get a better indication of what styling changes BMW is looking to implement on their electric lineup. If its mostly just subtle tweaks, then I wouldn't expect anything revolutionary in the Mini EV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts