2020+ MINI Cooper SE Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like those in the UK now have access to BMW latest subscription service. Its being offered across BMW and Mini vehicles and provides a flexible, monthly all in-inclusive package. They have partnered with Drover, a car subscription company, which rolls the entire cost of car ownership into one monthly price, that includes the cost of the car, insurance, maintenance, service, taxes and breakdown coverage. Pricing for a MINI Cooper 3 door hatch starts at £562 monthly. A full breakdown of their pricing can be found here.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't like how maintenance and service is rolled into it as well because most cases you don't really need to do much of anything when it comes to electric cars. If it's really that flexible, it would behoove future customers to having those two fees stricken from the monthly price.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They will definitely have to make adjustments to the pricing structure once we transition to mostly EV's. If they aren't able to bring the monthly fees down, I see car sharing programs becoming more popular.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Electric cars will still require repairs and maintenance, but most of the issues will likely be electrical/software related. Once we begin to see more autonomous/drive assist systems as standard, that will probably result in more issues as well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully BMW is considering putting a lot of drive assist tech in the Mini EV, because that's been a differentiator for the new Leaf. Even if they cant match the segment leading range, they can offer brand exclusive tech and features.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes you will be able to choose between both BMW and Mini vehicles, but as its in pilot there is still a lot to be confirmed. I believe similar subscription services allow you to change a vehicle about once a month.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I seen that Mercedes started getting into offering higher end models as part of a similar program, it would be great if BMW can do that and even better if they can partner up with a company like Alpina to bring even cooler models to this new market.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts