2020+ MINI Cooper SE Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mini enthusiasts will be gathering in Portugal later this month, to celebrate the 40th International Mini Meeting. Fans of the brand gather from across Europe and beyond to celebrate their love of the British automaker, and its expected that several thousand will be in attendance this year. Perhaps if things go to plan we could see some electric models join the celebration at the same time next year. Here's a little snippet of what the event entails.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'd like to own a classic Mini if funds allow. They may not have all the bels and whistles of newer cars, but there's just something so appealing and timeless with the older Mini models. They just have so much character compared to the newer models.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There is definitely something special about the classic Mini's, and I wish that BMW would actually consider a production model of that Retro EV. Imo the newer Cooper's and Clubmans have all become cookie cutter designs.

·
Registered
141 Posts
That's the phrase I as looking for, cookie cutter. The newer Mini models all look very similar and not much seems to have changed over the years aside from the cabin's layout and technology. Overall the Mini looks the same to me and that may be why they aren't doing so well these days. They need a new breath of fresh air, or in this case a blast to the past.

·
Registered
281 Posts
That's the phrase I as looking for, cookie cutter. The newer Mini models all look very similar and not much seems to have changed over the years aside from the cabin's layout and technology. Overall the Mini looks the same to me and that may be why they aren't doing so well these days. They need a new breath of fresh air, or in this case a blast to the past.
Give Mini some time, brands early into development and producing to scale like Mini often do better with successors during times of massive change in the industry and already that has taken shape with the Mini EV concept.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I mean Mini has been around since 1959, so they've had plenty of time for development. I think the mistake they made was trying to sell the brand as a premium model, as in my opinion there is very little about the new Cooper or Clubman that delivers on that. Its a niche car, for a niche consumer and it should be priced and designed around that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts