classic to new - 2020+ MINI Cooper SE Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

classic to new

hello everyone,

I have been around Mini's since i was born, starting with my fathers 63' Cooper that had the peppy 970cc engine. Unfortunately it was sold before I was able to legally drive.
Ever since the Cooper returned I had my eyes set on getting one, later picked up a 2011 and regretted it big time. Of all cars I owned in the past, it failed on reliability by massive margins.

my hope for this upcoming electric version is it'll be simplified and as a result, improved reliability!

p.s.... i'm currently driving a VERY reliable 99' Civic Si
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 10:06 AM

Welcome to the forum, glad to have new a member in the fray. I wholeheartedly agree that the reliability concerns for the newer models haven't done any favors for the brand. Not really sure why there is such a discrepancy between these and other BMW products.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 09:44 AM

Welcome to the community. I think there are a lot of classic Mini fans who have become disappointed with current offerings. With the Clubman now being the post popular model, its apparent that younger demographics could care less about the legacy of the brand.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 03:03 PM

welcome to the forum!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 10:11 AM

Glad to have another Mini fan here, welcome! BMW's decision to take this brand electric is a great move, provided they can deliver something that's reasonably priced. It's going to be tough to charge a premium for this model when brands like MB and Audi will have options as well.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
Glad to have another Mini fan here, welcome! BMW's decision to take this brand electric is a great move, provided they can deliver something that's reasonably priced. It's going to be tough to charge a premium for this model when brands like MB and Audi will have options as well.
I think its especially important because Mini products have substance and character but they have lacked development and technology.
Going battery electric is one key advancement I see that will help them make more of a complete product.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page