Honda's Urban EV - 2020 Mini EV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Honda's Urban EV

For those who don't know Honda is also readying an entry level EV city commuter, which is for name aptly named the Urban EV. Saw the concept awhile back and it was a fantastic throwback to classic, simple design. Some new spy shots have just spotted a road testing mule, and we can already see many changes to the body lines.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 09:47 AM

Still looks just as simple and clean as the concept that we saw awhile back. Something like this will be hugely popular in Europe where the uptake on smaller commuter cars has risen by a huge margin.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 08:32 PM

Now its starting to remind me a lot of the 70's Honda Civic, a good thing I might add. Lucky for Honda, Toyota brought some new eyeballs to the hatch segment with its new Corolla. This Honda however should appeal to more non-enthusiast millennials.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 10:18 AM

I appreciate that Honda has created something original with the Urban EV and its good to see them finally releasing some fully electric models. I hope the high performance Sports EV concept becomes a reality as well.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 04:42 PM

I feel like this is something better done under Acura to create a more attractive product. What are the odds this platform will be shared in the future?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Acura already has a bunch of sport hybrid models in their portfolio but I haven't heard anything about pure electric models. Most electrics are already AWD, and that's been the main differentiation for Acura models.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 02:19 PM

Figured I would suggest it after seeing a city car concept from Lexus. Its essentially a Smartcar rival, except now a model people can be confident in
Similar to Lexus, Acura should have no problem also taking a similar approach.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page