Chevy Bolt EV - 2020 Mini EV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Chevy Bolt EV

I've been trying to find competitors for MINI EV and it seems like there is only one main rival. I introduce you Chevy Bolt EV. "It has a range of 238 miles per charge and will cost about $30,000... and will have a top speed of 91 mph." There are some more details about Bolt you can find in this article.

Do you know any other EV cars who can compete with MINI EV and Chevy Bolt RV these days?

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 10:45 AM

Not anything out right now, but I have heard of a longer range Nissan Leaf and VW is coming out with a long range EV as well, maybe Golf based. But for now there's still only a few options for electric car buyers to choose from.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

As I know, Nissan Leaf was one of the first solid EV that appeared on the market. However, over the time, more and more competition started to appear, so now Leaf is not at the same level as it used to be. What do you think about BMW? they already have a nice i3 model and iX3 is coming soon.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh911 View Post
As I know, Nissan Leaf was one of the first solid EV that appeared on the market. However, over the time, more and more competition started to appear, so now Leaf is not at the same level as it used to be. What do you think about BMW? they already have a nice i3 model and iX3 is coming soon.
Leaf is tied with the Chevy Volt as the first mass market EV's to hit the market but as far as I seen the Volt did much better and thus we see far more of them.
BMW is nice but you have to remember that they will probably cost more and be out of reach for people shopping for the Mini EV.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Agree, but BMW plans to come up with the new iX3 by 2020, and maybe its price going to be at the same level as MINI's, so I guess it's too early to eliminate BMW EV production from the competition.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh911 View Post
Agree, but BMW plans to come up with the new iX3 by 2020, and maybe its price going to be at the same level as MINI's, so I guess it's too early to eliminate BMW EV production from the competition.
No way, it will be priced much higher than the Mini, just look at what both models are priced like as gasoline models and just the simple fact of what they do differently. You will see how much pricing can differentiate. It has to be done for many reasons and even just for BMW's own sake is one of them.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniFootPrint View Post
No way, it will be priced much higher than the Mini, just look at what both models are priced like as gasoline models and just the simple fact of what they do differently. You will see how much pricing can differentiate. It has to be done for many reasons and even just for BMW's own sake is one of them.
Good point! You're right then, no point to have BMW in this competition. Crossed off!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 07:02 PM

If anyone here is a fan of Toyota then very soon you'll have a Mini EV/BMW i3/Chevy Bolt rival to choose from.

Details are scarce but here's a preview:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page