Production wheels? - Page 2 - 2020 Mini EV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Those do have a similar look, and depending the trim options we see with the Mini EV, we could see more sporty variants similar to the JCW. Though I think it will be important for the first generation to try and keep costs as low as possible.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 12:04 PM

They should probably take a similar approach to Tesla, and offer both short range and long range models. It looks like BMW is already working on a more powerful powertrain for the i3, and I'm assuming that's the powerplant they'll be using for the Mini EV.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 02:29 PM

Launching and keeping allocations strong at high volume dealers close to a lot of charging stations is also a good strategy.
It means they can launch ASAP and adjust as they go rather than getting it right and waiting longer to launch.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 11:37 AM

I'm surprised to hear that BMW is continuing with the i3 considering they plan on electrifying the 3 series. Thanks to depreciation they are an excellent model to pickup second hand, but imo BMW is going to have to radically reduce its price in the next gen.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 07:23 PM

The i3 just needs a modern interpretation, the idea of an i3 can work very well but it can't continue the way it is. If the next i3 is no more than a facelift and some refinements, i'll be disappointed.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page