2009 vs 2019 - 2020 Mini EV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

2009 vs 2019

MINI has been upgrading their electric-powered model for at least 8 years already. Here I want to draw parallels between 2009 and 2019 models in terms of the exterior design.

MINI decided to stick with its Grey/Yellow accents for E model, they just made it a little bit brighter. In my opinion, the decision of making an electric vehicle with yellow color is pretty unique, while everyone else usually goes with blue accents.

The new EV model has some more futuristic details such as new headlights, front grille, and wheels. But at the same time, a lot of people like to see MINI in its classic design.

Design of which models do you guys prefer?

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 10:37 AM

I do understand the need for innovation, but the classic design appeals to me more, though the headlights could be switched out for the more futuristic set. There's something about the extra hood ridges and pinched lines that just speaks to me more than a smooth body.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
I do understand the need for innovation, but the classic design appeals to me more, though the headlights could be switched out for the more futuristic set. There's something about the extra hood ridges and pinched lines that just speaks to me more than a smooth body.
Headlights will be the easiest way to improve its design but lucky for us we should be getting that by default, often these EV models are the best equipped compared to all other versions. A downside is we could be paying a lot in insurance due to how expensive this next generation headlight could be.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 11:17 AM

Insurance is affected by unique headlamps? I assumed it was more model based and rate of accidents for the Mini.
in any case, they may just reuse their current plug-in hybrid's lights which is fine by me.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniFootPrint View Post
Headlights will be the easiest way to improve its design but lucky for us we should be getting that by default, often these EV models are the best equipped compared to all other versions. A downside is we could be paying a lot in insurance due to how expensive this next generation headlight could be.
That's something new for me too. Can you please explain how the price of the headlamps can affect your insurance?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page